Buhl News


11/20/2017 02:58 PM  ~~~Source~~~
Five Evacuated after CO Poisoning in Buhl 

Five people were taken to hospitals on Monday due to suspected carbon monoxide poisoning at an Iron Range bar and the apartment above the business. Buhl Fire Chief Joshua McDowell said the owner of Billy's Bar noticed the problem Monday morning and checked on her brother and his family, who live in the apartment above the bar.


10/24/2017 01:38 PM  ~~~Source~~~
Marlis Tiedeman 

Marlis Mae Tiedeman, 71, Pipestone, died Tuesday, October 17, 2017, at Essentia Health St. Mary's Medical Center in Duluth. A Mass of Christian Burial was held at 1 p.m. on Tuesday, October 24, 2017, at Our Lady of the Sacred Heart Catholic Church in Buhl with Fr.


08/13/2017 08:23 AM  ~~~Source~~~
Iron Range man drowns trying to save dog in mine pit 

An Iron Range man drowned in a mine pit while trying to rescue his dog in the water, authorities said Sunday. Gary Paternoster, 56, of Buhl, swam into the pit Saturday evening at the end of State Street in his hometown "n an effort to free his dog that was apparently caught on something," a statement from the St. Louis County Sheriff's Office said.